This classic South American herb sauce balances a rich steak perfectly, but it works with lots of other grilled foods too.
This classic popular Argentinian sauce balances a rich steak perfectly and also great spooned over grilled beef or chicken.
The blend of parsley, garlic, olive oil, and oregano are a powerful pack of anti-oxidants and healthy fats – the fresher the better!
- Prep Time5 mins
- Cook Time5 mins
- Total Time10 mins
- Servings: 10 min
- Author: A Bachelor & His Grill
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot very finely sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/4 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh ground peppercorn to taste
- Chop and slice ingredients per recommendations noted above.
- In a large bowl, combine all prepared fresh ingredients with oil, vinegar, lime juice, & seasonings.
- Whisk to thoroughly combine & serve immediately at room temperature.
While Chimichurri is mostly used as a sauce, using it as a marinade opens up new flavors and tenderizes less tender cuts of meat. Chimichurri sauce can be made 1 day ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving and ENJOY!